Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sprinkle for Layne and Avery

(Shannon, this post is for you...thanks for all your help and I hope we did you proud:) )
Back in December, myself and 3 other girls hosted a "sprinkle" for Layne at my house. Just in case you don't know, a sprinkle is a small shower and I first heard about it from my friend Shannon's blog. She and her friends did one and I loved the idea, so that's what we decided to do for Layne and baby Avery.
Here is the invitation we sent out through email and Facebook...I made it with Scrapblog (a new website I found that is fun to play with and create invitations and cards...I made our Christmas card through them.)

Here is the table...we did a Christmas themed Sprinkle since it was in December and all the decorations were already up. We had a tree decorated with baby items and topped with an "A" for Avery and a diaper tree skirt. For food, we had iced sugar cookies waiting to be "sprinkled", popcorn with a variety of toppings to "sprinkle", as well as sprinkle donut holes. :)

close up of the tree

We also got the sonogram picture of Avery and a mat for people to sign and write their well-wishes.

Our favors for the guests are in the silver bucket and they were handmade Christmas coasters that were tied with jute with a tag that read "Best Wishes to Adam and Layne. Here's to you "coasting" on through with baby #2 ! They turned out really, really cute and were pretty easy to do:)

Layne opening her gifts.
Some of the guests....Annalee and Abby (2 of the hostesses) and Jessica
Jill Rae and Marissa, Lauren and Mrs. Davis.
Jill Rae babysits for us sometimes and Marissa loves her, she loves to talk about Miss "Gill":)
Mother and Daughter, Debbie and Annalee
The whole group!
Layne with the hostesses, me, Allison and Abby (Annalee left before we remembered to take a picture and apparently Abby didn't get the memo that the hostesses were supposed to dress the same. just kidding...Allison and I decided that great minds thought alike that day:)

We all had a wonderful time celebrating Layne and baby Avery (who is scheduled to arrive this Monday!!!) Please keep the Allen Family in your prayers as they welcome this new addition to their family!:)

2 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

Girl, you did me proud! Love it all - the coasters with the cute saying, the sprinkle section, the popcorn, the Christmas tree, all of it. You don't give yourself enough credit - you did a great job, and most of it was not my suggestion. Love the fact that you can make your own invites. fantastic job - hope you enjoyed yourself!

Amber said...

I've never heard of a "sprinkle," but I like it! Very cute!!!