Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I've got some serious catching up to do....

I had the best of intentions to do lots of blogging lately (especially considering I was baby-free for 5 whole days...more on that later) however I have hardly had time to sit down and breathe. The month of December has FLOWN by, not to mention the fact that Allie is officially on the move and walking these days...and she is a very busy little girl. Anyway...speaking of miss Allie, I will go ahead and tell you about her first birthday! We celebrated it pretty much the same way we did with Marissa. It was just us, a homemade cake, some presents, and a big ol' mess!
That morning we had some birthday eggs and jelly toast (as Marissa calls it).

Big sister loooooves jelly toast:)

Here is the birthday girl's birthday cake or as Marissa would say, her "happy cake!"

Of course, we had to make a special little cake for Big Sister, she was so excited about it! :)

Here she is digging in!

Pops and Nana were in on all the action thanks to Skype!

Yummy!!!

Marissa in her cute apron NeeNee gave her-she helped me bake the cakes. Here she is enjoying all her hard work:)

Giving Pops and Nana a close up of the mess.



Going at it with both hands!

Sweet yet messy smile!
Looks like she has a little something on her lip she is trying to lick off:)

"You want some?!"

After we had our fun with the cakes, we took the girls up and gave them baths, then it was back downstairs for PRESENTS!!
Allie was more interested in sitting on her presents than opening them...

Luckily, she had Daddy and big sister there to help her open them!


Allie's cool new car from Pops and Nana! This is definitely a new favorite--both girls love it! (and Allie has now figured out to turn around and drive it:) )

The Allen's got Allie a broom which was quickly taken by her big sister, but I really didn't mind in this case...I'll take all the help with the cleaning as I can get!
So, as you can see, Allie had a wonderful birthday! She is such a sweet, sweet girl and is so much fun! Be sure to stay tuned, there is lots more to come!
In the meantime, we hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy and Safe New Year!!

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

i do love those pictures of miss allie digging into her cake :) such cute girls :)

we had fun "laying low" with y'all on new years!!!