Here is Marissa helping me decorate the tree, her job was to put all the little red balls on the tree.
Allie had some snacks, then played with a jingle bell and watched while we trimmed the tree.
Our tree!
This is a project I have had in my mind since we had our pictures taken several weeks ago (I need to post them...I keep forgetting about that...) I had a bunch of different color, style, shape, size frames that I liked the "look" of but wasn't really using them anywhere. So I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a few mats, the "N", and some chocolate brown spray paint. And, there you have it....for about $25, we have a new photo frame collage that I looooove, so much!
I decided the wall space next to it needed a little something, so I got out these stars I purchased at a garage sale for $5 total. I left the red and white one, then took some scrapbook paper and glued it onto the third one (it was originally blue, and not very "Christmasy") I then hung a few ornaments from them to add a little extra cheer:)
Here are the famous apothecary jars filled with Christmas goodies and I got the countdown block idea from the Shanty2Chic sisters as well. You can find them here, with a tutorial from the S2C sisters here, they were only $10 and very easy to put together!

This is our newly painted hallway (it was the same color as the trim and boooooring). I think the brown is so rich and warm, we love how it turned out! Ok, so this is a new table I recently got at the Birmingham Winter Crafts Show (I know that's not what it's called...I can't think of it now....) Anyway, I added a lamp I got at a thrift store for $5 that I spraypainted off-white (I don't love the lamp shade with it, but haven't had time to fix her up just yet), some black and white pictures, and a little Christmas decor I threw together from things I had around the house. I got the sparkly tree at Walgreens for $.99. I couldn't resist...it was just too cute:)


Even the kitchen has a little holiday Cheer, I framed a piece of leftover scrapbook paper then added a little "Joy" sandwiched between my two favorite girls. (Can you believe that little peanut on the right is Marissa....she peed on Russell's arm two or three times when we took that picture:) )

So, I also stole this idea from a blog I stumbled upon called A Little Birdie told Me and she is also full of great ideas...This particular one, she took mini clothespins, spraypainted them red and green, then spraypainted some gold glitter on them and attached them to a shutter she found at a garage sale. Well...we have these doors that are in between the living and dining room, so I have been pinning all my cards on them and I love how it looks!!

Before-plain, old, boring clothes pins....

After-fun, glittery, Christmas-y clothes pins ready to display all our family and friends:)

And finally, this baby is my pride and joy. Those of you who read the decorating blogs have more than likely seen this beauty floating around. When I first saw it I though, oh that will be so easy to make and look so beautiful. Well, the last part is true, the first part, not so much. It seems as though it should be easy, but it's not. If you are interested, there is a very good tutorial here. If you could care less how I made it, then just scroll on down and enjoy the ridulous amount of pictures I took of one wreath.
This is our newly painted hallway (it was the same color as the trim and boooooring). I think the brown is so rich and warm, we love how it turned out! Ok, so this is a new table I recently got at the Birmingham Winter Crafts Show (I know that's not what it's called...I can't think of it now....) Anyway, I added a lamp I got at a thrift store for $5 that I spraypainted off-white (I don't love the lamp shade with it, but haven't had time to fix her up just yet), some black and white pictures, and a little Christmas decor I threw together from things I had around the house. I got the sparkly tree at Walgreens for $.99. I couldn't resist...it was just too cute:)
Even the kitchen has a little holiday Cheer, I framed a piece of leftover scrapbook paper then added a little "Joy" sandwiched between my two favorite girls. (Can you believe that little peanut on the right is Marissa....she peed on Russell's arm two or three times when we took that picture:) )
So, I also stole this idea from a blog I stumbled upon called A Little Birdie told Me and she is also full of great ideas...This particular one, she took mini clothespins, spraypainted them red and green, then spraypainted some gold glitter on them and attached them to a shutter she found at a garage sale. Well...we have these doors that are in between the living and dining room, so I have been pinning all my cards on them and I love how it looks!!
Before-plain, old, boring clothes pins....
After-fun, glittery, Christmas-y clothes pins ready to display all our family and friends:)
And finally, this baby is my pride and joy. Those of you who read the decorating blogs have more than likely seen this beauty floating around. When I first saw it I though, oh that will be so easy to make and look so beautiful. Well, the last part is true, the first part, not so much. It seems as though it should be easy, but it's not. If you are interested, there is a very good tutorial here. If you could care less how I made it, then just scroll on down and enjoy the ridulous amount of pictures I took of one wreath.
3 comments:
I love the decorations! Very cute! I think I may just have to head over to the Hob Lob and make one of those wreaths now. :) You did a good job!
your house looks great!!! and we have loved our clothes pin christmas card holders!!! (i told you even adam went on and on about how he liked them on the doors)!!!!
you're so creative!!! what a lucky family :) (and friend)
JJ, your house looks so beautiful! I love your Holiday decorations! I especially love the frame gallery. I've been working on one myself in my hallway. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas! Send my love to your mom!
-Abby
Post a Comment