Wednesday, January 20, 2010

All about Allie.

I wanted to give everyone an update on Miss Allie so y'all can know what she is up to these days and also so I will remember what she is up to these days:) (I swear, there are days when I feel like my mind is just GONE! I was in wal-mart checking out the other day and realized I left my wallet in the car, so I ran out to get it, then, after I checked out, got all the way to the door and realized I left my keys in the check-out line.....so, as you can see, I better write this stuff down NOW!) Anyway...Allie is amazing. Truly, she is. She is so different than Marissa but has the same sweet personality that Marissa does. She is very,very busy and really doesn't stop from the time she wakes up til naptime then it starts all over until bedtime. She is finally sleeping through the night. I honestly didn't know if that day would ever come. She was so much harder as a baby than Marissa, but as I think back on it now, I am thankful that God gave me that sweet time with Allie in the middle of the night because I don't get as much one-on-one time with her as I would like. It's funny how at the time, something can seem like such a burden but when you look back on it...it really was precious time I had with my baby. And it's so hard to believe she isn't a baby anymore, she is officially a toddler! She toddles around everywhere, especially everywhere her big sister goes. They are becoming the best of friends and Russell and I love to watch them play together. A quick story (some of you have heard this but again, so I don't forget it) I was in the bank the other day and I had both girls with me. I was trying to get everything back in my purse, so I put Allie down so she could walk around with Marissa. Well, when I looked up to see where they were, I saw them holding hands walking towards the door. Oh.my.goodness. I literally almost starting crying right there in the bank. It was one of the most precious things I have ever seen. When I got up to them, Marissa looked at me and said "Mommy, I'm helping Allie!" Oh, so sweet.
So, here are some more fun things about Allie:
*She is HILARIOUS! As I'm sure you saw from the videos on the previous post, she keeps us laughing all day!
*She loves to push the buttons on the TV. Usually when Marissa is trying to watch a movie, which, in turn, drive Marissa crazy!
*She is still drinking from a bottle and has very little interest in switching to a sippy cup. However, we at least got her off formula and on to whole milk. (No more $25 a week for formula!)
*If you ask her for a kiss, she will walk up to you with her mouth wide open and give you a big, wet kiss!
*She loves, loves, loves the wiggles! She and Marissa both would probably watch it all day long if we would let them.
*She isn't afraid of anyone and loves to be in the middle of all the action. We had some new friends over for dinner the other night, and she walked right up to the guy and held her arms up so he would hold her.
*She will eat anything we put in front of her. And, a lot of it! It amazes us how much she will eat!
*She has the prettiest, thickest curly hair. I have a feeling she will be using my curly hair products in the very near future. Poor girl. She will hate it and everyone else will love it.
*She doesn't really have a favorite toy right now, she just likes to push things, her car, stool, stroller, whatever she can find to push, she will. She also loves my phone and if she has not already, she might call you at 7:30 in the morning like she did my brother. (Sorry Zach.)
Well, that's all I can think of for now. When Russell gets home, I will see if he has anything he would like to add to the list!
I will leave you with some pictures we took last night of Allie with her baby doll.

Here she is talking to Daddy and getting ready to take baby for a ride on the stool! (this was just before bathtime which is why she is down to only her diaper)

Ready to go baby?

Not sure what's going on here, but she kept pinning baby up against the wall. Poor thing.



Oh, those eyes. I just love her big, blue eyes:)

1 comment:

Emily said...

totally laughed when you wrote, "She will hate it and everyone else will love it"...so true, at least that's what I tell Charley...OH.WAIT...Charley's baby mullet is as stick straight as they come...here's to years of attempting to put even an ounce of curl in it (and getting it to stay)!!! Miss Allie, Charley and I would like to go on record as the first to be jealous of your curls!!!!