Let me explain. The week before Christmas, Russell and I had a small yet wonderful taste of freedom. In what I am sure was a ploy to get us to spend Christmas at their house, my parents offered to take the girls to their house the week before Christmas. Well, it was an offer we couldn't refuse, and their ploy worked:) That Saturday (the 19th) we met my dad in GA and unloaded our car and loaded his car with the ridiculous amount of stuff that goes along with a 2 and 1 year old. My dad pulled out with the girls on his way to North Carolina and we headed home (after I cried for a second and said a prayer for the girls and my parents:) ). This was obviously the longest we had ever been away from the girls, but let me tell you, it was much needed. I was completely.totally.exhausted. We had all been sick, sleep deprived, I hosted two parties at my house (which I loved doing!) and well, just living with 2 under 2, I was t.i.r.e.d. Plus, I knew the girls were in great hands. My dad has definitely proved himself to be SuperPapa this year! He has watched the girls by himself for longer stretches than I have had them by myself! And he loves every minute of it, which makes it even better:) (The reason it was just my dad for a couple days was my mom was in Texas visiting her mom...but don't get me wrong, NeeNee is jut as wonderful as Papa:) I just wanted to brag on my dad for a minute:) Anyway...that left Russell and I with a newfound freedom and we had a great time! We went to a couple Christmas parties, took a road trip to south Ga to pick up something for his work, went out to dinner, and just enjoyed each other and we slept, a lot! It was so great. Thank you sooooo much Papa and Nee Nee!
Here are a few pictures from Marissa and Allie's week with Papa and NeeNee!
Marissa having sooooo much fun:)
Allie went from crawling to walking that week!!
She also showed off her flexibility...maybe a future gymnast?
1 comment:
Good for you - though it's hard, EVERY marriage needs it! And it's good for the girls to miss you as well. Yea for willing grandparents to make it happen!
Post a Comment