Sunday, September 20, 2009

On the road again....

That's right, folks. I loaded up the girls, all the gear that goes along with them and we were off on yet another adventure. Our first stop was my parents house, but just to spend the night. We arrived Thursday (the 10th) for a little stop-over and to pick up my mom, then on Friday, we packed everything back up and were on our way to our old stomping grounds, Vinton, VA. My best friend from high school, Courtney Ross, was having her bridal shower so Mom and I decided to go and I am so glad we did. We had such a wonderful time and we got to see some people we haven't seen in almost 10 years. We stayed at Courtney's parents' house, which was so wonderful because that was pretty much my second home in high school, so I loved being able to spend time with Courtney and her mom and dad (not to mention, being called "Curly girl" again, which is what they called me all through school:) ) Although, I was definitely a little worried how the girls would handle all that traveling again so soon after our last road trip, but I must say, I could not have asked for better behaved children. They were both so great and so happy the whole time. They slept great, traveled great and I know had a really great time getting spoiled rotten by the Ross Family!
Marissa was having a great time at the shower and looked adorable thanks to Courtney's mom, Cindy, who got the girls these matching pink outits. They looked so cute!
This is when her love affair with icing began (remember the cookie cake?)...notice how at first she just stares at it....not sure if she will like it or not...
However, it didn't take long for her to fall in love...I'm pretty sure by the end of the shower she had the icing off at least 3 cupcakes. Can you say SUGAR RUSH?!
NeeNee and Allie

The girls in pink! Allie was out cold, it was just too much fun for her:)

The beautiful bride-to-be opening her gifts.

The whole gang.

The girls from High School. (most of whom I haven't seen since graduation.)
Allie's Sunday morning breakfast bottle with her Grandpa for the weekend, Papa Tommy.
Marissa figuring out the remote and Allie getting little fingerprints all over Mrs. Cindy's table!

On the way home, I rode in the back with the girls for a little bit while Mom drove, so I took a couple cute pictures of their view from the back:)
Miss Allie was all tuckered out from the weekend!
Marissa watching one of her new favorites, The Wiggles!!

So, for those of you who are counting (which would be none of you, I'm sure)....we've added 18 hours and 1000 miles to our road trip total for the summer! Whew...makes me tired just thinking about it....but a great time was had by all! For now, though, we are home and loving it!

3 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

that is a crazy amount of hours and miles!

The Allen Family said...

glad y'all are back at home :) great pictures!!! i love the girl's matching outfits and the one of allie sleeping is just precious!! (pictures of babies sleeping are my favorite!!!)

Ashley said...

Hairbows and nail polish? LOVE it!