Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How to Fight.

My high school youth minister is now the executive pastor at a church in Jacksonville, FL and he is doing a series right now called "The Flame" and it's all about marriage and it's incredible, I mean really incredible. Most recently he did a talk about fighting and how to fight with your spouse. The main point is -you ready for this......the only reason we fight is because we don't get what we want (James 4:1-2)....ugh, let me tell you, I let that sink in for a minute and then quickly realized how incredibly true that is. He goes on to say that our marriages should be a reflection of Christ's love for His people, that Christ did not punish them, that He responded in Love-the same way we should respond to our spouses, even during a conflict. Anyway, Joby says it way better than I ever could....I highly recommend that you take 45 minutes out of your day to listen to this-it's really good.
Here's the link....
http://www.beachunitedmethodist.com/weekend/eleven22-service
oh and don't be swayed by the "United Methodist"...this message is for any and everyone-no matter the denomination.

one more thing....if you have even more time...listen to the rest of the series...it will do your marriage good...I promise.

No comments: