Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Marissa Kate!!

On Wednesday, we celebrated Marissa's 2nd birthday:) I wish I could say it's hard to believe she is already 2, but she is just growing up so fast and acting so big these days that, well, I can believe it! The 4 of us had a really fun day together and I think Marissa enjoyed every second! Once Daddy got home from work, we opened up the gifts that Pops, Nana and Aunt Jessica sent, which Marissa loved. She really got into opening the presents and each time she opened the box she would say, very enthusiastically "WOOOOOW, COOOOL!" (We got it on video, I will upload it soon...) She got a Leap Frog computer, 4 cars and an adorable outfit. Here she is showing off some of her goodies from The Nichols'. Thanks you guys so much!:)

And speaking of the Nichols', it is their tradition to always have a cookie cake for everyone's birthday, so we decided that was one tradition we could definitely get on board with! I called and picked out the butterfly cake and told them to make it colorful and girly and I think they did a wonderful job! She loved it!! (Well, actually, she only loved the icing...she didn't want anything to do with the cookie part....but it was her birthday, so we let her just enjoy the icing!)

YUMMY-SUGAR!!

Here's miss Allie, she always has her eyes on her big sister:)

Mommy and her girls

Daddy and his girls

And this was her big present-we found it at Target and got the balls to go with it (all 150 of them....not so much fun for mommy and daddy to pick up...) But, oh my goodness, she played in that thing for at least an hour and a half that night and it is still all she wants to play with. We took it outside today and it was so fun!

Allie can crawl up there by herself...so we have to be careful, but she enjoyed it too!

But not as much as she enjoyed Skyping with Pops, Nana and MawMaw:)

And finally, I made this shirt for Marissa's birthday last year and since the size was 24months, I figured we would wear it again for birthday #2. Anyway...I thought it would be fun to compare last year to this year....seems like just yesterday this picture was taken.

My baby girl is growing so fast.
Marissa Kate, Mommy and Daddy love you so much. You bring laughter, joy, and fun to our lives everyday. You are such a sweet daughter and big sister, and we are so thankful for each day that God lets us spend with you. WE LOVE YOU!! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

3 comments:

rachel said...

Happy Birthday Marissa!! She has gotten so big and she such a beauty!!! Hope she had a good one! Love her bouncy house thing very cool! Love yall

shannonmichaelis said...

love the shirts! can't believe she is already 2. happy birthing day to you, momma. hung out with michelle last night and we were laughing at teh connection btw you and her. so fun and small world!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Marissa! Wow...she looks so much like Allie in her 1 year picture. Those girls are just too sweet and cute!