Monday, October 27, 2008

A little of this, a little of that...

I guess this post is an update of sorts...first, and most importantly, baby girl #2 update:) I had my 32 week check-up last Tuesday and everything is going great! My doctor actually had an ultrasound done to check her growth, which was so much fun because it was a 3-d ultrasound so we were able to see her face (she looked right at us) and she was moving her feet around and the ultrasound tech was even able to see a lot of fuzz on her head...meaning she apparently has a head full of hair!! She may come out with more hair on her head than Marissa has right now:) She weighed in at 4lbs 5 oz and all of her other measurements were right on. And just in case you didn't know already, we have decided her name is going to be Allie Joy Nichols. My middle name (and my Grandma's name) is Joy and we both really liked the name Allie, plus I have a very dear friend from college named Allie. So, we are getting very, very close to her arrival and I just can't believe it's less than two months away. The pregnancy is still going well, I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable and the awful heartburn has reared it's ugly head again...I had it with Marissa about this time, so it didn't come as much of a surprise...Thank God for tums! But other than that, I am feeling great and just so excited to meet our little girl!
Update #2-The House!
Well, we have one room painted and the rest of the house to go:) Russell and I decided we should just tackle this place one room at a time, because I was starting to feel very, very overwhelmed. We painted the dining room this weekend and it looks great, I'll post pics tomorrow and I am going to paint the living room tomorrow. Next will be Allie's room and then, who knows. I finally got the bathrooms in usuable condition. They were seriously disgusting. Thank goodness for Magic Erasers!! These things are AMAZING! If you haven't ever used these, I suggest you run out immediately and go get some-they will change your life:) I wish I would have taken before and after pics of the tubs so you could see the difference....So we just need to get new floors in the kitchen and bathrooms and we should be set!!
Marissa has been so great for us as we are fixing this place up. We took her pack-n-play over to the new house and we put her in there and give her some snacks and set up the laptop so she can watch her Baby Einstein DVD's and she will sit there for a couple hours, watching her movie and eating her snacks:)
And lastly, I can't let you go without any pictures, so here are a few highlights from our outing to the Camp Lee Pumpkin Patch. Marissa and I went last week with our new playgroup and we had a lot of fun. It was pretty chilly that morning, so that made it even better! We played, did a little craft, and finally went on a very bumpy hay ride (that I was sure was going to make me going into early labor). It was fun, but really, why else would I go to a pumpkin patch with a 1 year old besides the opportunity to get a pretty picture. So here ya go, here is the pretty picture (and a couple extras)!

Daddy came home to have breakfast with us, so we got a picture with him before we left





In a perfect world, she would be sitting on the bench, looking at the camera, and smiling...but this was the closest we got to that happening

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you're getting some rooms painted! I know you'll feel relieved once the house starts coming together so baby Allie will feel right at home. :) GREAT pics of Marissa. She is cuter than ever with those pumpkins, and her hair IS growing. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Post pictures ASAP! Can't wait to see what colors you picked out!

Love the pumpkin patch pictures!!

So glad your appointment went well. I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! Crazy how time flies!