Thursday, October 9, 2008

Marissa- 1 year old!

It's so hard to believe our little girl is one year old already....She had her 12 month check-up today with our new peditrician here in Anniston. He was a very sweet old man and the nurses were very nice as well, overall, I was pleased with them. Anyway, she weighed 21 lbs and I can't remember her height, but I remember they said she was in the 75 percentile for height and 50% for weight.
She has had a very eventful month, starting with the move, then her birthday, then flying to Texas for Zach and Heather's wedding. We had a small birthday celebration with just the 3 of us at our house on the 16th, I bought some balloons and made a cake, which she dove right into and loved it!!
Here are a few highlights from that night:


Oh, and a little side note...I must brag on myself here, I dug deep and actually found a little creativity and craftiness inside and I made Marissa's birthday shirt. I got the shirt at Target for $2.50 and then bought the stick-on rhinestones and ribbon at Hobby Lobby for a total of $5.00. So, for a grand total of about $8.00, I came up with a very cute birthday shirt for my little girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Love the shirt-great job, Mommy!!

Ashley said...

These are absolutely precious! I've been dying to see them! What a cute little expression. She looks just like you in the picture of the two of you. So sweet...

Haley Nevins Hicks said...

Hi JJ. I think Tyler has mentioned you in his dating history. :) Thanks for visiting our blog and for being willing to pray for us! You have a beautiful daughter! I will tell Tyler I met you on blogger and that you say hello. Thanks again and take care.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging world! Yay that we can keep up with each other. :) You need to do a post about the new house. I'm dying to see pictures and hear all about it. Are you feeling settled in AL? Is Russell's job going well? Do tell!!! Miss you. :)