So, the day I taught Marissa all about the letter "A" I must have been feeling like I was supermom or something because I got the crazy idea to ask her to help me make some cookies out of applesauce to tie in the whole "A is for Apple, Applesauce is made out of apples thing" ...not to mention, I have been trying to think of new, healthy snacks the girls would like so I figured applesauce oatmeal cookies would be a total win/win. Plus, Marissa
loooooves to help me in the kitchen, as soon as I start
cooking anything, she runs to get her blue chair and says, "Mommy, I want to help you cook!"
Well, I found a recipe online, got the ingredients, got my adorable little helper and we got to baking. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of this process....but if you will remember from an earlier post, Marissa's most favorite thing to do when we bake....
She got to lick the beaters!

And she was even sweet enough to share with Miss Allie!

Checking on the progress of her cookies...

Sweet, sweet sisters:)


And just in case you were wondering, the cookies were not such a big hit....Marissa took a bite and made a face, then looked at me and said, "Mommy, those applesauce cookies don't taste good." oh well, I tried.
*Be sure to scroll down to read more about the letter A. :)
1 comment:
Those are just the sweetest pictures and the cutest girls ever!!!
Post a Comment