Last month we were so excited to have Aunt Jessica come stay with us (or Aunt "Kessica" as Marissa would say...) Jessica is Russell's sister and well, my sister too. I don't have any younger siblings, so since meeting and getting to know her, I am proud to claim Jessica as my own little sister, she is so much fun to be around, is beautiful on the inside and out and one of the most creative people I know...not to mention we share the same name! Both of the girls had so much fun with her, especially Miss Marissa. Marissa thinks Aunt Kess is the coolest girl around:) And speaking of being cool, while Aunt Kess was here, my cool points as a mom began to diminish. I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later...I just didn't know it would happen
so soon....Here's what happened. So I wear headbands...a lot. I have lots of crazy little wispy hairs that need to be tamed and a headband does the job. And I am always trying to get Marissa to wear her headbands, they are so cute on her and they do a great job of keeping her hair out of her face. She just doesn't really like to wear them though, she will take them out very quickly after I put in on....that was until Aunt Kess came along. One morning Aunt Kess came down with her hair in a ponytail and a
headband on. Marissa sees her in her headband and looks at me and says, very seriously and grown-up-like, "Mommy, I
need a ponytail and a
headband, please." Seriously, Marissa? I wanted so badly to say, Marissa, mommy wears headbands and ponytails all the time, why don't you want to be like
me??? But I didn't....no mommy guilt trip here....I just smiled, realized my cool points were dropping by the second while Aunt Jess was here...and hung my head in shame as I walked upstairs to get her the headband that she so desperately
needed. I suppose at this time, I need to apologize to my own mom for making her feel uncool...which I'm sure I have done plenty of times...I now know, it stings a little. :)
Ok, enough feeling sorry for myself, I'll be quiet and get to the good stuff, some pictures taken by the super-cool girl that we all want to just like....Aunt Kessica!!


See, they love each other very much:)

Now for Marissa's photo shoot....she did some serious posing for Aunt Kess.

I have no idea where she learned how to do this...but she's got it down pretty good:)


One hand on her head and one of her hip....sassy girl:)

On a different night, Marissa helped Aunt Kess make some cookies and her cool points skyrocketed after she let Marissa lick the beaters...Marissa looooves to lick the beaters:)

YUMMY!


Jess got a great shot of Allie's sweet curls. I love her big, blonde curls:)

Look at those lips...I'm so jealous.....
Lastly, Jess and I took Marissa to the movies one day to see Despicable Me (or "Pickle Me" as Marissa would say) and we had a great time. I love this picture!

Aunt Jess, I'm so glad you were able to come stay with us, we had a wonderful time with you! Marissa and Allie are so lucky to have such a super-cool Aunt like you! We love you!!! Come back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment