This year I dug deep and found my inner-Martha Stewart and made some super cute (not to brag or anything) costumes for the girls. I decided I wanted Marissa to be an angel so I found one on ebay that I loved, however it was a ridiculous $70!!!!! You have got to be kidding me. I kept going back to it and the more I looked at it the more I realized it was just a tutu, wings, and halo. I thought it couldn't be that hard to make. So, I found videos on you tube of how to make a tutu and wings and figured the halo was just tinsel stuck to a headband, so off to Hobby Lobby I went!! I spent about $30 total (including turtlenecks and pink shoes). All this time, I was thinking I would just put Allie in the ladybug costume Marissa wore last year, until my friend Layne talked me into making an angel costume for Allie after I told her I had enough materials left over. Well, that was really a lot of unnecessary information, I was just proud of myself for making the girls' costumes this year:) Ok, on to the good stuff....
One of the fun things about living here and Russell working at the Country Club is that the girls get to have 2 nights of Halloween (which means double the candy!) Thursday night was the Halloween party for the kids. Here is Daddy with his angels:) (we were already bribing Marissa with treats so she would be still long enough to take pictures, please don't judge me...)
Mommy's angels
I absolutely LOVE Allie's face in this picture!
Sweet Allie Joy
The daddies playing with the kiddos (Bryce was a very cute scarecrow!)
Bryce giving Allie a little lovin'

She makes a beautiful angel, don't you think?:)

Another beautiful angel!

Daddy was being a good sport and let Marissa put stickers all over his face.

He got a big hug in return, so that made it ok:)

The end result-sticker-man!

On Saturday, we went to GA to spend Halloween with the Johnson family. Marissa was sooooo excited and talked about Riese, Cooper and 'Cane (McKane) all week long! We had a wonderful time and although it was a cold, drizzly Halloween night, we did get to do a little trick-or-treating.
This one is good, just no smile from Allie.

The whole gang: my angels, Riese the zoo keeper, Cooper the UPS man, McKane the ninja G.I. Joe and Sydney the witch. (look how sweet Marissa and Riese are holding hands...)

The family pic.
Allie just got a hug, Marissa got the kiss:)
She makes a beautiful angel, don't you think?:)
Another beautiful angel!
Daddy was being a good sport and let Marissa put stickers all over his face.
He got a big hug in return, so that made it ok:)
The end result-sticker-man!
On Saturday, we went to GA to spend Halloween with the Johnson family. Marissa was sooooo excited and talked about Riese, Cooper and 'Cane (McKane) all week long! We had a wonderful time and although it was a cold, drizzly Halloween night, we did get to do a little trick-or-treating.
This was one out of about a hundred attempts at getting a good picture of the two of them...it was impossible. My arm ruins this one, but it was the best we could do.
This one is good, just no smile from Allie.
The whole gang: my angels, Riese the zoo keeper, Cooper the UPS man, McKane the ninja G.I. Joe and Sydney the witch. (look how sweet Marissa and Riese are holding hands...)
The family pic.
3 comments:
girl, too precious! can't believe that you are that creative or that talented. love the headpiece!
Aww...too cute! I love their costumes. Good job, Mommy!
LOVE IT!!! sweet little angels...and I swear tutus just make everything better!!! Maybe I should start wearing one to work! :) and, kudos to russell for being such a good sport and taking one for the "sticker" team!!
Post a Comment