Friday, November 6, 2009

Mommy's little helper

A couple months ago, we had some new neighbors move in across the street and I have been saying to Russell ever since they moved in that I need to be "neighborly" and take them something and introduce myself. Well, being the procrastinator that I am, I put it off until finally I was able to use Halloween as a better reason to take them something, seeing as how they moved in to the house over 2 months ago....oops. All that to say, I enlisted a little help from the cutest 2 year old I know in decorating the cookies. Her job was to hold the candy corn kisses with the bottom side up so I could put some icing on them, then she would turn them over, put it in the middle of the cookie and push them down as hard as she could so it would stick. She was such a great helper and I only caught her eating the candy twice (which, if you look in the 3rd picture you will see on the left side the 2 pieces she got to before mommy could get to her:) )

Here is my little helper in her super cute apron that Pops and Nana got her while they were in Pennsylvania. She's got her sleeves rolled up and she's ready to work!

TREATS!

Showing off the finished product:)

Mommy and my little helper-we make a great team:)

2 comments:

Loren said...

Marissa looks very excited!She is so cute in her little apron and yellow bow! :)

shannonmichaelis said...

impressive - the thought of taking neighbors cookies AND letting marissa help.