Yep, you read that right....Marissa and Allie spent a
whole week with Papa and NeeNee!! I packed them up last Saturday (June 19) and we met halfway and I didn't see them again until the following Sunday (the 27) and Russell didn't see them until the next day, on Monday. And, believe it or not, we all survived!!! This all started when I decided I wanted to "fix up" Marissa's big girl room...we've lived here almost 2 years and her room is the only one that I haven't done anything to....and well, it's really not possible to anything while she is here because as you mommies know, naptime is the only time you can get things done (it's naptime now...) and I can't very well paint her room or work in there if she's sleeping, so I asked my parents if they would be interested in watching the girls for a week...of course it didn't take much convincing, all we had to do was set a date. Annnnyyywayyy....I think mom and dad were a little too busy to take any pictures that week, but my cousin
Rachel and her family were in town visiting from Colorado, so she took some great pictures of the girls!!
Marissa examining a flower...maybe she takes after her daddy and his green thumb (she certainly doesn't get it from me!)

Marissa showing the flower to Holly (Holly and Sadie are the precious little girls that Rachel's family has adopted in the past couple of years)

Sweet Allie

Sadie and Marissa were apparently best of buds when they got together...my parents said they played and ran and had soooo much fun together!

Here they are having a blast!

Rachel said they had this game going where they would hug each other, pretend to fall out of the pool and then laugh hysterically!



Running through the sprinklers!

This is probably one of my favorite pictures ever....I love it!! Papa and Allie having so much fun!

My baby girl.

Allie and her belly....i love it.

Allie and Holly. Allie looks so funny in this picture:)

And finally, after a long week without my girls, we were reunited on Papa and NeeNee's front porch swing. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks again Papa and NeeNee for watching the girls for a whole week!! The girls are so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents...Pops and Nana....you're up next!!! :)
Oh....and a little side note-I got most of Marissa's room done, there is still a little bit to be done-it was a lot of sewing and a lot of work...stay tuned for pictures. I love the way it turned out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment