This is the view when you walk in. The curtains were originally in my living room, but I got some new fabric that I like better, so I moved these up here and I really like them in this room. I purchased the bedding at K-mart (surprisingly, they have some really pretty bedding and it's very reasonably priced.) The rug I got at Lowe's on clearance for $40!
And my latest project was this headboard. I absolutely love how it turned out. Here is the finished product....
and here is how it came to be....I saw this picture on a blog called "Between Naps on the Porch" and this was in a boutique called Ivy and Twine in Marietta, GA that she went to visit and I loved the look and thought I could do that!! (or at least something similar to that!)
So I went to Lowes one day and actually ran into our friend Adam, Layne's husband, and he helped me pick out everything I needed. I bought 10 1"x6'' planks that were about $3.50 each. Everything else I already had at home. I placed all the boards together and put these pieces of wood on the back and screwed them all together. I actually ended up added a 3rd piece of wood to the middle b/c it was still a little wobbly. I bought the plaque several weeks earlier from Hobby Lobby when they were having their 80% off sale. It was around $8, I think.
Next step was cutting out the top with a jigsaw that I found in the basement. I'm not sure if the previous owners left it or if my father-in-law left it, either way, thanks!! I love it!! I just kinda free-handed the circles and cut out one side then moved those planks over to the other side to trace it, so they would be exact. (I'm sure there is a much more precise way to do this....I was just too impatient to figure it out.)
And here she is, painted red, sanded and glazed. With her pretty acessory in the middle (put on with hot glue, of course;) ) My mom helped me hang it on the wall and I think it turned out soooooo cool! So, for a grand total of about $50, I had a new headboard:)
Here's another shot....
One more, I couldn't resist.
and AFTER... black, red, tan and so much more fun!:)
I'm showing the room off at a few crafty parties...if you get a chance and are in need of some ideas, you should stop by these "parties". There are so many talented people that post some really great ideas.


Thrifty Decor Chick

11 comments:
I love how your bedroom turned out! Amazing!
We were on the same page with our posts today. Love love love that headboard. Especially love the button that said you made it without your hubby....
It is so beautiful! I adore red and the headboard is fantastic. Great job on every detail.
Blessings, ~Melissa :)
that officially does it...i want to be you...there i said it!
That headboard is amazing and you did it all by yourself. Just amazing!
Can I come visit?!?! Great ideas, JJ! I'm way impressed with your jig-saw skills!
What a beautiful space! And that headboard??? GAH! Gorgeous!
Beautiful room. I love all of the details.
Your guest room looks fantastic! I love the headboard you made! I am so jealous...There are 3 headboards on my to make list!
I love it! The inspiration picture is great, but I love how you brought it to reality for yourself. Nice job!
LOVE that mirror. I may have to start digging around for an old door :0)
Post a Comment