Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First Date with Daddy!

We had a BIG event happen here in the Nichols' household this weekend. Russell and Marissa went on their first daddy/daughter date! And even more exciting than that....they went to the big movie theater to see SHREK!!! (which is Marissa's favorite movie of the moment!) I must say...I was very jealous of Russell, but I swallowed my pride and let him enjoy this sweet, memorable moment with his first baby girl.
Here they are getting ready to leave for their big date:)
Isn't this just the sweetest picture ever?
Daddy and his girl.
Russell called me as soon as they got in the car and gave me the play-by-play. He said they got popcorn, candy and a cherry icee. Marissa only ended up eating the candy(but only because Russell asked her if she wanted some, he said she was so into the movie that she really didn't care about the candy!). She loved the chairs because they rocked back and forth and she kept the 3-D glasses on the whole time! He said she really didn't laugh or say anything during the movie....she just stared straight ahead....Russell told me he spent half the movie watching her watch the movie because she was just so cute...How sweet!:)
Suprisingly, she didn't really say a lot about it, but I did ask her a few questions at dinner that night and here is what she had to say....


I know Russell is looking forward to many more movie dates with his girls, but I may have to take her next time...if he'll let me:)

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

how fun!!!!! what a sweet daddy (even though i know you wanted to go too). i wish we were in town that weekend so you could have gone.

glad marissa had so much fun!!! can't believe she sat there the WHOLE time and watched (i'm sure bryce would have done the same thing- haha!!)