Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter '09

Despite Marissa, Allie and myself all feeling a little under the weather, we had a wonderful Easter Weekend! On Saturday morning, Anniston Country Club had an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos on the driving range-and well, actually, in Marissa's eyes, it was a golf ball hunt because by the time we got there all the eggs were gone and only driving range balls were left:) (She didn't seem to mind) I was able to get myself dressed and put a little makeup on so I could cart Allie around in the bjorn so she could check everything out. It was a little chilly that morning but I think Marissa had a great time meeting the Easter bunny and to top it off, she got a big ol' chocolate chip cookie!! Here are a few pics from Saturday morning.

Me with my beautiful girls!

Look how long her hair is!! Russell has been blow-drying after her bath at night and it looks so pretty the next day!:)


I thought Allie's hat was a bunny, therefore appropriate for the occasion, but Russell sadly informed me that it was a cat...oh well, at least she looked cute:)
Marissa on the "hunt"

Marissa and Daddy with Bryce and Adam and the Easter bunny (Bryce is one of Marissa's best buds-she walks around at home saying "Byce, Byce!)


And finally, she got her cookie! I love this picture of Russell, it looks like he is going to eat it right out of her hand-chocolate chip cookies are his favorite too:)

On Sunday Morning, we all got up and went to church. The service was amazing-Pastor Carlton did such a wonderful job of explaining the significance of Easter. Russell and I are absolutely loving this church, the people and the pastor! Allie did a great job in the nursery, she slept the whole time...Marissa, on the other hand, not so great-she pretty much cried on and off the whole time-oh well, we will just have to keep trying! We then came home and had a big Easter dinner consisting of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I'm pretty sure that qualifies me for the worst mom of the year award...) We then gave the girls the Easter baskets that Pops and Nana got for them! And finally, after naptime-we took the girls out on the golf course to hit a few balls. We have done this a few times since the weather has been nice and it's a lot of fun! I hit the ball while Russell holds Allie and then we switch and Marissa just runs around! It takes about an hour to play 3 holes but it's great!! Here are some pictures from Sunday!!
Allie chillin' in the bumbo while we eat our dinner feast;)

The girls with their baskets-this was Marissa's first time with pez and she loved it!!

She was also a big fan of the solid chocolate bunny!

But was clearly not happy when mean ol' mommy wouldn't let her eat the whole thing:(

Here she is all dressed up to play golf!

Daddy trying to get her out of the "big sandbox"

Training her early:)


Well, that's all!! We hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter remembering that this is a special weekend because our Savior, Jesus Christ, took us from death to LIFE!! "just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."Romans 6:4

5 comments:

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

The girls are getting SO big!! And even cuter!
Glad to hear that you've found a great church - don't worry, they'll get used to nursery eventually.

Have a blessed day,
Allison

P.S. - Craig is moving up to high school with his boys!

Unknown said...

JJ, your girls are just beautiful! Marissa looks so darn adorable in her new hair bows :) So glad to see y'all are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photos JJ! I am so behind on photos of Wesley. Marissa is looking so much older now....def. not a baby anymore.

Take care! Happy Easter!

love,
Abby

Ashley said...

My how they're growing! Look at Marissa's long hair! I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. Not too bad for being sick, huh? I hope you're all feeling better. Lots of love!

The Allen Family said...

GREAT POST!! thanks for sharing :)