Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Playing dress-up

One of the things I am most excited about when the girls get older is playing dress up! My mom used to have these long skirts (I called them broom-stick skirts...) and I loved putting them on and twirling around and my grandma also had all of her square dancing outfits with the petticoats and I would try those on everytime we went to her house:) So, I can't wait for Marissa and Allie to want to dress-up...well, I got my first taste of dress-up this past weekend as Russell and I were tackling the mess in our sunroom-we were unpacking and getting rid of things, and there was stuff laying everywhere, including some of my old purses and some headbands-well, next thing I know, I hear Russell say very quietly-"JJ, go get the camera, look at Marissa" So I got the camera and here she is, very proud of the look she put together!














What I love the most about this is how she knew where the headband went and how to carry the purses...Russell asked me how she knew how to do that and I told him I guess it's just a girl thing:)


And here is another shot of her playing dress-up in her daddy's work boots:)




















And lastly-here a couple of pictures of me playing dress-up with Marissa and her new boots and sweater-dresses. So cute:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE!!!

The Allen Family said...

that is too cute!!! she's already working on her fashion sense (like her momma)!!!

Anonymous said...

JJ, those pics of dress up are too cute! I don't imagine my little Wesley will be playing dress up, but I will definately be dressing him up! I love reading your blog and keeping up with how your doing. How are you feeling? I know we are both getting close!

-Abby Hostetler

Emily said...

Oh Heavens those pics are PRECIOUS! Baby girl Dowdy better be ready for some tight cuteness!