Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm officially an adult.

Well, I did it. This past Thursday I officially became an adult, or at least in my eyes I did. I cooked and served a Thanksgiving dinner complete with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, and gravy all on my own. (Well, technically, mom and dad smoked the turkey for me, but I still heated it up and served it...) Russell and I found ourselves alone this Thanksgiving until the day before when I was talking to my friend Ashley from Georgia and she told me she and her hubby and newborn were also alone, so we all decided that it would be a great idea for them to pack up their beautiful baby boy Easton, their german shephard Luca, and theirselves and come on to Alabama! We had a wonderful time together and it was so great to finally meet Easton, he is such a sweet and happy little guy:) So anyway, Marissa and I went to wal-mart on Wednesday and got everything we needed to host our first Thanksgiving and I must say, it was quite a success! Everything turned out great (with the help of my mom and a couple emergency cooking question calls) and we had just enough for some leftovers that night. Unfortunately, we were so busy with cooking, babies and eating that we didn't take any pictures...but it was a great time! We hope that y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and friends and yes, mom and dad, you are officially forgiven, I survived:)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks again for having us over. We had a wonderful time, and you were an excellent hostess. The food was amazing! :) Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

So glad that your 1st "adult" Thanksgiving went off without a hitch! I am getting anxious about hearing the arrival of Allie. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all the details. Not that I'm rushing you or anything. ;)

The Allen Family said...

i'm so glad ya'll had a good thanksgiving, and that your friends were able to join you!!! we'll get together this week for a playdate!!!