Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby Shower, Baby's Room, and Baby Belly:)

This past weekend our friends, the Allen's and the Ortiz's, threw us a wonderful baby shower/football watching party:) The Alabama vs. Florida game was on, so we knew the guys weren't going to be so keen on the idea of having a shower during that, so we all watched the game and during halftime, opened the gifts for Allie! Russell's good friend from high school, Scott and his very sweet girlfriend Megan, drove in from Birmingham for the occasion and it was so great to see them! Unfortunately, my pregnancy brain got the best of me and I didn't think to take a picture with everyone-just a quick belly shot (the only one I have taken all pregnancy) and one of the 3 of us. I so wish I would have taken one of all the girls and the guys, but, like I said, I'm just not thinking straight these days....Anyway, thank you guys again for a wonderful day, we had a great time! And here are the pictures we did take....

38 weeks pregnant

Since this is kind of a post dedicated to Baby Allie, I figured it would be perfect to put pictures of her nursery here. I am so pleased with the way it turned out and I can't wait to have a little one in there:) I used Marissa's bedding (since she will get her big girl bedding soon) and my wonderful mother-in-law, Gail, helped me pick out the fabric for the curtains and then sewed them for me!! And they (Russell's parents) also brought the chair from their house which matched perfectly and I snagged a stool from my sweet mom and recovered it w/the leftover fabric from the curtains. I also made the picture frames above her crib with inspiration from this post by Shannon. So anyway, enjoy the pictures!!





Oh and since we are talking about Allie-let me give you a quick update...I went to the Doctor yesterday and I am a couple cm dilated but she still hasn't dropped, which is very apparent to me and the constant pain in my ribs...but the doctor said I could pretty much go into labor anytime. I went ahead and scheduled an induction for the 17th at 5 am just in case she isn't here by then. I was a little hesitant to do that, but Dr. Ballard said all that would be involved for me is starting an IV and some potossin (which I had with Marissa) so that made me feel better. Keep us in your prayers and we will keep you posted on her arrival!!

6 comments:

jdasilva said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! I love my little mama! :)

jdasilva said...

Haha. That's actually from me. I didn't know that Jon was signed in. How hilarious. Tell Russell not to be jealous and take it the wrong way!

-Ashley

The Allen Family said...

allie's room looks SOOOOO good. i can't wait to come see it in person!!!

Anonymous said...

OK...so the 18th is TOMORROW! Oh my word! I can't wait to see pictures of Allie. The nursery looks fabulous, you look fabulous! Praying for you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I know Allie is here...but I am anxious to have a detailed post. I know it's rough at the start with Marissa being so little, but I promise it will get easier! Hang on, because you're on the ride of your life!!!

Olive & Pearl Handmade said...

LOVE her room :)