She's here!! Allie Joy Nichols made her grand entrance this past wednesday, December 17 at 1:31 pm. She weighed in at 8lb 2oz and was 19" long. The delivery was so much easier than my first-we went in at 5 am on Wednesday and they started an IV of pitocin to get things going. Then my doctor came in around 9 am and broke my water and I got my epidural shortly after. Things progressed quickly from there-my nurse said I would start to feel some pressure when the baby was getting close and so around 12:30 I called her in and told her I was feeling a little pressure and she checked me and I was 9cm dialted! So anyway, she came back about 45 min later, checked me again and it was time! She called in my doctor, I pushed twice and that was it! Allie was here!!
Now anyone reading this who had their baby at Northside in Atlanta (which is where I had Marissa) knows that the experience there is wonderful, so this hospital had a lot to live up to! But let me tell you...I don't have one bad thing to say about our time there. Every single nurse was so great, the room was very nice and Russell even said his bed there was more comfortable than the one at Northside. :) However, with all that said, I was still ready to get home to Marissa, so my doctor let us go home Friday morning and so began my life with two babies under 2 years....
Well, I know all y'all really want are some pics, so here you go. Our newest addition, Allie Joy Nichols!

Our first picture together as a family of four:)


This picture is my absolute favorite:) Daddy and his girls...



Everyone keeps asking me if she looks like Marissa...I figured I would let you judge for yourselves...Allie on the top, Marissa on the bottom-what do you think??
And finally, I had to post this one of Marissa and her papa (my dad)-she kept wanting to mess with his computer, so we gave her our old laptop to play with and she loves it, look at that smile!!

8 comments:
Love the laptop picture-hilarious!!!
After seeing the side by side newborn pics of the girls, I don't think they look alike at all!!
So precious! Congratulations!!
Congrats, JJ! I know you are soooooo tickled! Tell congrats to the grandma from me!
-Abby
Yeah Allie is here! They do look just alike! Congrats to you both. Can't wait to meet the new addition, she is beautiful. Way to make is sound so easy you baby making machine!
She is absolutely precious. I'm so glad things went well and she's here. I can't wait to meet her!
It's hard to say from the pictures who Allie looks like. She definitely resembles Marissa, but there are some noticeable differences, especially her hairline. She's a cutie no doubt!
I love the pic of Russell and the girls, too. Marissa's shirt reminds me of the witch's stockings in The Wizard of Oz...cute!
So glad for the update. If you need to talk for any reason...call me or email me. It's an interesting transition from 1 to 2...but with both under two - whew! I know there are days that will feel impossible; I know there are times when you will feel like you're not loving one of your babies enough; I know you'll have at least one day that you want to run away (I had more than one to be honest!)...but you will love how Marissa and Allie will grow to be so close. Ella Beth and Landon already love each other so much. Despite the occasional tiff over a toy or who gets Mommy first, they are already best friends. I love the small glimpse I have already have of how close they will always be. You will love it!
I'm so happy for you and Russell. Can't wait for the next update! Congratulations!!!
JJ - Congrats on the arrival of Allie Joy. She's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
Much love to the entire family!
Craig & Allison
Congrats! So glad to find your blog :) Take care! :)Aim
OK...since it's been almost a month since your last blog entry I am going to assume that you are busy, busy, busy! I am praying for you and the transition that I know y'all are still going through. Try to post soon, though, so I won't worry about y'all!!!
Post a Comment