Saturday, January 17, 2009

Allie is one month old....

and to celebrate, she got her first cold:( (note the sarcasm....) Marissa woke up on Thursday morning with a runny nose and, unfortunately, it only took about 24 hours for Allie to follow suit. The poor thing sounds awful....she is very congested and has been spitting up all kinds of yucky stuff. Luckily, she is still able to nurse with no problems and she is still sleeping well-we have been putting her in the swing so she can sleep sitting up and it seems to be working great. She did sleep in her bed last night and did pretty good, sleeping about 3-4 hour stretches. I was very concerned at first because I had 2 people tell me about RSV and that a lot of kids around here have been diagnosed with it (a respiratory virus) but I took both of their temps and they are both normal. So, I'm guessing it's just a yucky head cold. Marissa seems to be getting better already, hopefully Allie won't be far behind. Thankfully, Russell hasn't had to work much the past few days because it has been so cold outside, so he has been able to help out a lot. Although I think we are both getting serious cabin fever...especially Russell...I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about him wanting to be a stay-at-home dad anytime soon:)

Well, aside from the girls having a little bit of a cold, we are doing great. I feel so much more relaxed with Allie than I did with Marissa when she was a newborn. Nursing is going well, a little too well, actually....considering she won't take a bottle (this is where I start cringing at the thought of her attached to my boob for the next 11 months.....) Now, don't get me wrong....I enjoy nursing and I know she is better off with the breastmilk...but seriously, mommy needs a break. I tried to go to wal-mart today and about 1 hour after I left, Russell is calling me wondering when I will be home b/c she won't take the bottle and "she has been screaming" for the past 30 minutes....sheesh. So, I called my friend Layne and she gave me 3 different bottles to try, thinking that Allie just may not like the kind we have...so hopefully that will work. Any advice from anyone reading this would be greatly appreciated:)

Ok, anyway....I know all you probably wanted from this update are pictures instead of my rambling, so here are my girls, Aren't they cute?:)
Sweet Allie

Allie and Mommy
Allie and Daddy


I know it probably looks like Marissa is shoving her head away, but she was actually rubbing her head...she hasn't quite grasped the concept of "please be gentle with baby Allie"
I think Russell is more exhausted after a day at home with us than he is after a day of work....how sweet is this picture though, I love Allie's pants!
And finally, I took this the other morning when Marissa woke up not feeling well, I put on her favorite cartoon and she sat there for about an hour, poor thing looked so pitiful:(

4 comments:

Scott and Katie said...

They are so beautiful. The look so much alike! I can't wait to have 2 little girls. Hope they get to feeling better.

Ashley said...

I'm glad you're posting more! Poor little things. I hope they start feeling better soon. Good thing they can wear each other's clothes, huh? I remember that "Fall in Love" onesie. You should post pics side by side of them. How cool would that be? Oh, and I like the new furniture. :)

The Allen Family said...

i was just thinking the other day that allie was one month old!! i knew it was getting close, then i looked at her birth announcement on the refrigerator to double check :) they are precious!!!

i love the picture of the 2 of them- marissa is such a sweet big sister :) and the one with allie sound asleep with russell is sweet too- isn't that just the best... when they are so small and snuggly!!!

that's the cutest picture of marissa laying on the couch watching cartoons too... but you can see in her little eyes that she's not feeling well :( i hope they both get to feeling better soon... we'll definitely get together when they do :) (now that bryce is feeling better)

Jen Greven said...

Look at those precious girls!!!