Ugh, what a day.
But before I elaborate on that...Allie had her 1 month check-up yesterday. She weighed in at 10lb 4 oz and is 22" long. I was going to compare her with Marissa's one month stats, but for some reason, Marissa didn't have a 1 month check-up, only 1 week and 2 months. So, I guess we'll compare next month. Anyway, like I told you in the previous entry, they have both been a little under the weather, and it turns out poor little Allie has an ear infection on top of her yucky head cold and congestion. So the Doctor gave her some antibiotics and she was supposed to have a re-check in two weeks. Well...last night she started to sound worse, lots of congestion, coughing and a little bit of a wheezing sound when she was breathing. She didn't sleep very well, but was still eating. So this morning I was debating on whether or not to call the doctor to see if I should bring her in, but I decided to go ahead and err on the side of caution and call. They told me to go ahead and bring her in. So, my dear sweet husband came home right away to watch Marissa and Allie and I were off to the doctor. We got there and he checks her and, long story short...she doesn't have RSV (the respiratory virus that is going around) but he does want her to go get chest x-rays (because of the coughing) and her oxygen level tested. At this point, it was all I could do to not break down and start sobbing. Those of you who know me well, know that when I get tired, I get very emotional and well, just the thought of my little Allie having to get x-rays and tests done was almost more than I could handle:(
So, we went to the outpatient clinic, got the x-rays done (don't know the results of those, they called the doctor) and the oxygen levels tested (they were perfect) and now we are home. Miss Allie was so great through it all, she slept in her carseat almost the whole time and she is still sleeping in it as I type this. After all that, all I can do now is give her saline drops in her nose and suck out all the yucky stuff and just try to keep her comfortable and happy. We have to go back to Dr. Sabens tomorrow morning so he can check her again. I'll keep you posted. But let me just say....I am soooooooooooo ready for this crap to be over with and for my baby girls to be well again. Only 56 more days til spring....
4 comments:
I totally understand the frustration! Hudson was born last January and both kids were sick all winter. They have both had the cold mess this winter as well. Hang in there. I love Spring even more with kids!
Oh, no! X-rays? Is that because she's so young? I can't believe that. Poor baby girl. I need to see that sweet little face and give her a kiss! I only have one more week of freedom, so I guess we'll have to arrange a Saturday play date. Let me know when you're game. I miss you sooooo much! I'll be praying for your little bundle. I love you guys! Call me if you need a good cry...you've certainly lent me your shoulder one too many times! :)
Oh no!! I hate that she is so sick :( Poor baby, and poor Mommy :(
i'm joining in with you on the count down to spring!!! so glad your girls are feeling better now :)
Post a Comment