Pregnancy Highlights: reaching my third trimester!! I was 28 weeks yesterday. If this pregnancy is anything like my first two--this last trimester will FLY by...which is a little bit scary b/c we are totally not prepared for him. We have a lot of work to do these next 12 weeks.
Baby is the size of: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.(info from babycenter.com)
Symptoms: I'm not quite to the uncomfortable stage yet, which is good. I am feeling pretty normal-just a growing belly.
Baby-related purchases? nothing this past month. Nana and Pops sent us a few sweet boy things last week and we got blue elephant towel and some blue washcloths from a friend. I have everything in mind that I want to do/buy for his nursery...I just have to do it!!
Maternity clothes? um, duh. Dresses are still my go-to for this pregnancy, so easy, comfortable and still cute. It's a win-win.
Sleep: Well, I've had a little bit of a cold the past few days, so sleep has been a must. I'm super tired by 9:00, especially Mon, Wed and Thur nights which are the days I get up at 5:30am to teach boot camp class. Last night I was in the bed at 8:45 and asleep about 2 seconds later. This momma is t.i.r.e.d.
Fun moment this past week: going to the lake with Russell, the girls and my parents! We had a blast and I got to lay on my tummy on a float in the lake. There's not much better than that :) So relaxing...which is what we all needed!
Movement: Still moves a lot!! Russell and I laid in bed the other night and watched my belly move for a solid 30 minutes....so now the big question is...is this a sign of things to come? Or is he just getting all his wiggles out now so he'll be all nice and calm when he gets here?! (I know all you mom's w/boys are laughing at me right now...) :)
Food cravings: still nothing in particular. Which is the same as with the girls...I never craved anything when I was pregnant w/them and it's been the same so far w/this pregnancy. I just need water--and lots of it. And it has to be COLD!
Gender: still going with boy! :)
What I miss: Honestly, I miss working out. I try to do some w/my boot camp classes, but my body just can't keep up with them anymore...soooo-I try to remind myself to enjoy the break. But...6 weeks after McCoy gets here....I will definitely be ready to GO!
Weight gained: HA. So far...25 lbs. Yikes. (see previous answer....like I said...I will be ready to GO!)
What I am looking forward to: The nesting stage. I have a lot to "nest".
Moments to remember: As we were walking up the stairs to go to bed the other night, Marissa said..."Mommy, does he have toys to play with?"
"Does who have toys to play with?"
"McCoy. In your tummy...what toys does he play with?"
(trying not to giggle) "Well, Marissa, he's not quite big enough to play with toys, but he is kind of swimming."
"When he gets bigger, I can show him how to jump off the diving board."
"That sounds great, Marissa!"
Such a sweet big sister already:)
Until next time....McCoy and I are going to relax while the girls take a nap. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment