Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pregnancy Highlights-halfway there!!

Ok...so this would be way better if I had started this from the beginning, but I just found it on another blog and thought it was a cute idea! Better late than never!!

Pregnancy Highlights: Halfway there!! (actually about 22 weeks...)

Baby is the size of: a spaghetti squash. he's about 11 inches long and somewhere between 1-2 lbs. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. (info from babycenter.com)

Symptoms: first trimester...very,very tired. not much sickness, thankfully. now...not many symptoms. just a growing belly :)

Baby-related purchases? a picture to hang in his nursery and 2 little outfits that were marked waaaay down at wal-mart.

Maternity clothes? oh yea. definitely. mainly a lot of sundresses. easy and comfortable in this hot, hot weather!

Sleep: i have taken a couple naps since i got pregnant, but unfortunately, i'm a terrible nap taker...so mainly just going to bed earlier. i am definitely falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. and i now have to sleep on my side...with lots of pillows.

Fun moment this past week: finally deciding on a name......(you have to wait to the end to find out.)

Movement: A LOT!! he's a wiggly little guy...this morning after my boot camp class...he was going wild! it was the first time i felt his arm or leg go across my belly...marissa and russell have also got to feel him kick! marissa loves to put her hand on my belly to see if she can feel him move. :)

Food cravings: eh...nothing in particular. just enjoying a less strict diet since i don't have to worry about my "bikini body" haha.

Gender: BOY!

What I miss: a yummy margarita!

Weight gained: at my last appt. which was 2 weeks ago, I had gained 15 lbs.

What I am looking forward to: getting his nursery decorated!!

Moments to remember: the past few nights, when i put marissa to bed, she points to my belly so i will show it to her. then she will give it a kiss, a hug and say, "i love you, mccoy." oh...it's so sweet. she is going to be such a wonderful big sister to him! :)


I will post a picture next month...I don't have anyone here to take one...plus I should have some good ones to post soon since the girls and I are headed down to the beach next week!! I am determined to take lots of pictures while we are there!

OK...and baby boy's name is...
MCCOY SNIDER NICHOLS. (Snider is Russell's grandpa's last name (his mom's dad)...they were very close and Russell has many wonderful memories w/Bawbaw so we thought this would be a wonderful way to honor him. :) )

1 comment:

Jami said...

How sweet! Love the name and the post. Can't believe you are more than half way!