
Monday, March 16, 2009
Happy Birthday Mom!
Today is my mom's 50th birthday and to celebrate, I would like to dedicate this post to my mom...my very best friend. I'm having a hard time putting into words what my mom means to me...I just know that I don't know what I would do without her. My mom is the most beautiful person I know, both inside and out. I can remember one summer when we were living in Houston, she and I were driving down the road and we passed a woman who was propping herself up against a tree, trying to stand up. It looked like she was going to pass out at any second; it must have been 100 degrees outside and mom pulls over and gets out and puts the woman in the car with us. I don't remember all the details because I was young, but I know she brought her to our house, let her take a shower, fed her and gave her clothes and then found somewhere to take her so she would be safe and have a place to sleep. I will never forget that day because, looking back now, it helped me understand just how kind and giving and amazing my mom is. And now that I have children, I have a whole new love and respect for my own mom. I didn't always make things easy for her, but no matter what happened, she was there by my side, never giving up on me or anyone else in her life. She is strong, independent and so very intelligent and I hope more than anything that, today, on her 50th birthday, she knows just how much her family loves her and truly appreciates everything that she has ever done for us, sacrificed for us or cooked for us (haha:)). You are the best mom in the world, and as I enter into this time of my life as a new mom, I'm so incredibly grateful that I have you to look up to. I thank God everyday that He picked you to be my mom. Happy Birthday Mom, I love you!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your mama!
ok - i finally quit crying - one of the sweetest things in the world is to have a daughter who thinks you are wonderful - i love her very much - neecey
ashley said exactly what i was going to say... what a sweet post!!! momma's are special!!! what would we do without them?
Post a Comment